Samantha Conner joined The Skin Surgery Center in the summer of 2010 and currently serves the Mount Airy office as a Certified Physician Assistant working closely with Dr. DeVore to provide treatment for medical dermatology problems.
Ms. Conner earned a master’s degree from Duke University Physician Assistant Program in Durham, N.C., and graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in Biology from Methodist College in Fayetteville, N.C.
Additionally, Ms. Conner is certified by NCCPA and is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Triangle Area Physician Assistants and the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants.
View Full Bio / CV
2004 Methodist College
BS in Biology
summa cum laude
2006 Duke University Physician Assistant Program
Master of Health Sciences
Behavioral Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
Craig Chepke, MD
Evidence Based Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
David Coniglio, PA-C
Emergency Medicine, Duke University Medical Center
Dawn Garwood, PA-C
Inpatient Medicine, Durham Regional Hospital
Benjamin Powers, MD
Obstetrics/Gynecology, Wake Medical Center
Mac Pannill, PA-C
Primary Care, Nelms & Griffin Family Medicine
Todd Wallace, PA-C
Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center
Neil Prose, MD
Neurology, DUMC/Durham VA Hospital
Richard Sedlack, MD
Pediatrics, Blue Ridge Pediatrics L.L.P.
Ellen DeFlora, MD
Surgery, Durham Regional Hospital
Lisa Pickett, MD
Physician Assistant Certified by NCCPA
Basic Life Support Provider
May 2010- present
Physician Assistant – Certified
The Skin Surgery Center
October 2006-April 2010
Wake Dermatology Associates
- Perform complete skin evaluations and cancer screening.
- Evaluate and treat patients with various acute and chronic cutaneous diseases.
- Perform procedures relevant to dermatology practice to include biopsies, removal of cancerous and precancerous lesions, and injections.
- Administrative duties to include referrals to outside specialists, pathology interpretation and delegation of follow-up.
July 2001 -August 2003
Certified Nurse Assistant I
Pine Street Pediatrics
- Obtained vitals including height, weight, pulse, respirations and temperature.
- Administered immunizations.
- Performed basic lab procedures such as urinalysis, hematocrit, rapid strep tests, glucose tests and lipid tests.
- Administered hearing and vision screening for all well-child physicals.
Helped with clerical duties including billing insurance as needed.
July 2001-August 2003
Southern Allergy & Asthma Associates
- Administered immunotherapy injections.
- Prepared immunotherapy serum vials.
- Performed pulmonary function testing.
- Educated patients on how to use metered dose inhalers and nebulizers.
- Performed allergy skin testing and interpretation.
2004-present American Academy of Physician Assistants, member
2004 – present Triangle Area Physician Assistants, member
2006 – present Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
HONORS AND AWARDS
2000-2004 Recipient, Presidential Scholarship
2003-2004 Lab Assistant/Tutor, Biology Department
2002-2004 Vice President, Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
2002-2003 Graduation Marshall
2002-2004 Member, Alpha Chi Scholarship Honor Society
2003-2004 Member, Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Society
2002-2004 Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges & Universities