Lindsay D. Clarke joined Bain Dermatology in 2016. She works closely with Dr. Bain to provide excellent medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatologic services as a Certified Physician Assistant.
Mrs. Clarke completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA where she received a bachelor of science degree in Biology in 2010. She subsequently moved to Durham, NC where she completed the Physician Assistant Program at Duke University, the oldest and top-ranked physician assistant program in the country. Lindsay successfully completed a Master of Health Science Degree at Duke University in 2013, graduating with honors.
Prior to training alongside Dr. Bain, Lindsay gained extensive clinical and surgical experience working as a physician assistant in cardiothoracic surgery at UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill, NC. Always having a strong clinical interest in dermatology, Mrs. Clarke was eager to accept the invitation to train and work alongside Dr. Bain where she now practices general and cosmetic dermatology. Mrs. Clarke is a member of several professional associations, including the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants, the North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants, and the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
Lindsay enjoys managing patients with all types of general dermatology needs. She is also trained in cosmetic procedures including botulinum toxin injections, chemical peels, laser therapy, filler injections and Kybella and is passionate about her patients’ safety and satisfaction. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, horseback riding, running, volunteering with the Junior League of Raleigh and spending time with family and friends.
View Full Bio / CV
Duke University Physician Assistant Program, Durham, North Carolina
Master of Health Sciences, May 2013
Physician Assistant Certificate of Completion, August 2013
Accomplishments: Pi Alpha National Honor Society
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
BA, Biology, 2010
Accomplishments: Dean’s List 6 of 8 semesters
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, Aug. 2013
Licensed by the North Carolina Medical Board of Physician Assistant, Sept. 2013 Basic Life Support Provider, Feb. 2015
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider, March 2015
Triangle Area Physician Assistants
American Academy of Physician Assistants, member
North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants, member
Eugene A. Stead PA Student Society, Duke University
Fall, 2011- Summer, 2013
University of North Carolina Hospital
Sept. 2013 – Present Physician Assistant, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Conduct hospital rounds, perform patient consults and follow-up clinic visits, obtain labs and diagnostic tests as needed for work-up and medical management of all cardiac patients
- Manage and treat patients in the outpatient and inpatient setting with an array of acute and chronic general medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, COPD, pneumonia, congestive heart failure, depression, dermatologic disorders, men and women’s health issues and education on disease prevention and weight loss.
- First & second surgical assist in cardiac and thoracic surgeries, close surgical incisions, perform I&D’s, remove and place chest tubes, perform central line placement & thoracenteses
University of Virginia Hospital
Sept. 2009-June 2011 Medical Scribe, Emergency Department
- Assisted physicians by documenting all information during patient assessments, physical examinations, medical tests, medical procedures and diagnoses.
- Provided support to physicians obtaining medical supplies, aiding in medical procedures, researching patient records, and collecting test results.
Charlottesville Albemarle Rescue Squad
Sept. 2008- Dec. 2010 Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Attendant in Charge
- Active riding crew member of one of the busiest volunteer EMS agencies in the United States.
- Obtained patient history, conducted an initial assessment, and provided appropriate pre-hospital treatment and transportation to medical facilities.
University of Virginia Pediatric Nephrology
July 2009-Aug. 2009
Research Assistant for Dr. Jennifer Charlton
VOLUNTEER AND LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
Junior League of Raleigh
Provisional Member and Community Volunteer
St. Baldrick’s Children’s Cancer Research Fundraiser
Duke University Physician Assistant Program, Durham, NC
Duke University PA Class Social Chair
Fall, 2011-Summer, 2013
Duke University Physician Assistant Class 2013
Global Medical Dental Brigades
Fall, 2007- Spring, 2010
Member of Global Medical Dental Brigades
Sept. 2007-May 2010
- Volunteered with medical brigades to Honduras where a team of physicians, dentists and students provided
medical care, dental care and health education to poverty-stricken villages.
- Gained experience in the pharmacy and medical clinics, assisted dentists in all dental procedures
Medical Brigade Leader January 2010
- Organized, trained and prepared volunteers, raised financial support, collaborated with physicians and dentists, ran daily clinics and lead all trip activities
Vice President and Physician Recruitment Chair
Feb. 2009 – May 2010
Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity
Fall, 2009-Spring, 2010
Member of University of Virginia Chapter