Dermatology Center of Hendersonville
Ashley Lancaster joined The Dermatology Center of Hendersonville in December 2017. She works closely with Dr. Turrentine to provide excellent medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatologic services as a Certified Physician Assistant.
Ms. Lancaster earned her a master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from South University and graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in Biology from Armstrong Atlantic State University, both in Savannah, G.A. Prior to this course of study, she was deployed as a U.S. Army Ambulance Specialist in Iraq and has served in the Air Force National Guard.
For the past five years, Ms. Lancaster has practiced dermatology with the Georgia Skin and Cancer Clinic in Savannah. She is NCCPA Board certified and a Fellow of the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
View Full Bio / CV
2012 South University
MS in Physician Assistant Studies
2009 Armstrong Atlantic State University
BS in Biology
Minor in Spanish
Member of Tri-Beta National Biological Honor Society
May 2012 – December 2017
Georgia Skin and Cancer
- Provided physical exams, diagnosing and treating chronic skin conditions, prescribing medications, assisting in surgery. Trained to perform cosmetic procedures, sutures, biopsies, and excisions.
September 2004 – 2010
Air Force National Guard
- Provided first aid medical support for 175 individuals of the 117th Air Force National Guard. Instructed educational courses concerning medical readiness to all members of the unit.
April 2006 – March 2007
Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) Specialist
Effingham Health Department
- Supplied information and education to expecting mothers.
August 2000 – 2004
United States Army
- Provided ground ambulance services to soldiers in need, as well as other foreign nationals, while deployed. This included a six-month deployment for a peacekeeping operation to Kosovo in support of Task Force Falcon in 2002, and a 12-month deployment to Iraq, 2013-2014, in support for Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Active in church fundraisers and community projects
- Participate regularly in free skin cancer screenings in the Savannah area
- Migrant Farmers Clinic while in PA school
- Relay For Life
- NCCPA Board Certified
- Current Georgia State Physician Assistant’s License
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) – fellow member
- Georgia Association of Physician (GAPA) – fellow member