Dr. Amy E. DeVore joined The Skin Surgery Center and helped facilitate the opening of the Mount Airy office in August of 2007, where she treats both medical and surgical dermatology problems. Dr. DeVore is a graduate of the University of Florida in Gainesville, where she earned her medical degree from the College of Medicine and a bachelor’s degree with honors in Zoology.
Dr. DeVore completed an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Florida Department of Medicine and a residency in Dermatology at Wake Forest Department of Dermatology in Winston-Salem, N.C. Additionally, she is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology.
View Full Bio / CV
1999 University of Florida
BS with Honors, Zoology
2003 University of Florida College of Medicine
University of Florida Department of Medicine
Wake Forest University Department of Dermatology
August 2007 – present
The Skin Surgery Center
September 2004 – June 2007
Wake Forest University – Residency
Residency, Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University (2004 -2007)
Internship, Department of Medicine, University of Florida (2003 -2004)
HONORS & AWARDS
Alpha Omega Alpha
Felix Lauter Memorial Award for Excellence in Microbiology (2001)
Phi Beta Kappa (1998)
Clinical Research Center, Student Research Fellowship (1998)
PUBLICATIONS AND ABSTRACTS
(Amy Elizabeth Joyce/ DeVore)
1. Ledbetter-Juul, AE Joyce, C Dame, RD Christensen, Y Zhao, and V DeMarco. Erythropoietin acts as a trophic factor in neonatal rat intestine. Gut 49(2): 182-189. 2001.
2. Juul, AE Joyce, Y Zhao and DJ Ledbetter. Why is erythropoietin present in
human milk? Studies of erythropoietin receptors on enterocytes of human and rat neonates. Pediatric Research 46(3):263-268. 1999.
3. ACCEPTED. GY Yosipovitch, AE DeVore, A Dawn. Obesity and the skin. JAAD. November 2006.
4. SUBMITTED. AE DeVore, JL Jorizzo. Cutaneous manifestations of vasculitis. Vasculitis, 2nd edition.5. SUBMITTED. AE DeVore, JL Jorizzo. Leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Vasculitis, 2nd edition.
5. SUBMITTED. AE DeVore, OSangueza, R Pichardo. Kaposi’s sarcoma. Zola Cooper Seminar. October, 2005.
6. SUBMITTED. AE DeVore, OSangueza, L.Requena. Anetodermic mycosis fungoides, a new clinicopathologic variant ofmycosis fungoides. November, 2006.
American Academy of Dermatology, Member (2003-present)
Vice President, Physicians for Social Responsibility (2000)
American Medical Association, Medical Student Section, Member (1999 -2003)
Florida Medical Association, Student Section, Member (1999-2003)
Alpha Omega Alpha
Phi Beta Kappa